You probably wonder how to attract more clients as a small business owner. Do you know where to find the right ones? As a freelancer, you’re often asked to work for so many companies that it’s hard to know where to start. The following six tips will help your SEO agency attract local search engine optimization (SEO) clients.
It is ideal to use NTs.
Ways To Get Your Dream Clients
The following tips will help you get local SEO clients you’ll enjoy working with.
1. Engage local business owners in conversation
The best way to communicate with local SEO clients is to start a genuine conversation with them. The issue doesn’t have to be obvious, but most businesses will appreciate it if you tell them about it. Additionally, your warning will be appreciated, and they won’t miss out on new business opportunities. Local businesses may not be aware that their Google Business Profile address is outdated. There may be 404 errors on their website. There might be a problem with their contact form.
In many cases, your advice will be seen as a great favor and could lead to a long-term relationship. Once you’re seen as the local SEO expert, you’ll be more likely to receive referral business. Keep your eyes open when you’re shopping for a haircut, buying a latte, or buying a gift for a friend. It may surprise you how quickly this could turn into a new client or referral connection if you offer some free value to resolve an SEO issue.
2. Determine which businesses are investing in marketing
A tight-budget client tends to be the most demanding client within the marketing community.
While having a small budget does not necessarily make one a bad client, it is common in marketing to think you can get more for less. A local SEO client who recognizes the value of marketing and is willing to invest in it will yield the best results. To achieve long-term growth, they want to spend their marketing dollars wisely. It was a simple oversight that led to site security issues; otherwise, the business was optimizing its GBP (Google Business Profile) and using social media effectively. In addition to being receptive to feedback, the owner understood the importance of improving their web presence.
You should look for local SEO clients who meet the following criteria:
- Is their website responsive? Does it appear that it’s regularly updated?
- What social media posts does the business make consistently?
- Are pay-per-click ads being run by the business?
- Blogs and content marketing are they active?
- Is there any evidence that SEO has been done?
- Does their website contain new offers, events, and deals?
- Do they have a local search presence that has been optimized?
It’s more likely that a company will be a great client if it appears to have invested in its marketing. Your client should understand marketing and participate actively in the growth of their business. Contact local businesses that appear to meet some of these criteria once you’ve identified them. It could be your foot in the door to a longer relationship if you offer a free service – like an audit or a consultation.
3. Network at events, attend webinars, and participate in networking meetups
It’s best to let your local SEO expertise speak for itself. The best way to approach business owners is to first provide them with free, no-strings-attached value.
Sharing your knowledge at an offline or online event can be as simple as a friendly email or, in this case, a friendly email. Professional talks, online interviews, networking events, and conferences can help you attract new clients. Attending such events can make a business owner a good client, so take advantage of the opportunity.
The following tips will help you make events work for lead generation:
- Locate events tailored to the market you are interested in (if applicable). Consider attending DevOps Day in Seattle if you primarily work with tech companies. If you wish to work with law firms, the Coronado Annual Employment Law Conference may be of interest.
- You can apply to speak. Speak at events if you have the opportunity. This can be a great way to attract clients, assuming you are comfortable with public speaking.
- Following a conference, there is often a party or happy hour. Others host the lunch hour. The benefits of in-person networking are numerous.
- When you speak, it shouldn’t be a nonstop pitch fest. They will be impressed if you are willing to share information and have the expertise.
- Interviews and webinars can be conducted online. You can speak online in a variety of ways. Be on the lookout for opportunities to be interviewed for blogs and podcasts. Provide a webinar or YouTube presentation. Please share this content.
- Follow up as soon as possible. Be sure to get the contact information of anyone you meet online or in person. Once the event is over, send them a message. Thank them for meeting with you, and encourage them to reach out to you if they have any questions. If you were having a conversation in person, you could continue the conversation online.
A great way to attract engaged clients is to demonstrate genuine knowledge of your niche.
4. Get in touch with business owners on LinkedIn
Professionals who use LinkedIn to forge new relationships and find clients benefit from its leading business-to-business (B2B) platform. Despite this, marketers often abuse this platform by spamming users with cold pitches. Make sure you don’t become “that guy.” Connect with business owners on LinkedIn instead so they’re excited to work with you.
To get local SEO clients, use LinkedIn as follows:
- Make sure your profile is optimized. Your personal profile should include a professional photo. Give a brief description of what you do in the tagline and “about” section of your website. Make your profile stand out by asking past clients and colleagues for recommendations.
- Provide valuable content. Post content that is valuable to your audience, such as videos, articles, images, and posts. Their business needs can be addressed through topics, stories, and issues.
- Connect with local businesses and agencies. Don’t talk about your services, but feel free to introduce yourself. As you shake hands with someone at a conference, imagine you are meeting them for the first time. Pitching is not allowed!
- Make sure the follow-up is nurtured. You should follow up with someone once they have accepted your Connection request. Learn about their work, their interests, etc.
- Comment on niche-specific accounts’ posts and ask questions. Connect with other users following the same accounts as well.
Providing value is at the heart of inbound marketing.
Users may approach you on their own accord if you nurture true engagement and establish yourself as a local SEO expert. You can help the business owner solve a problem if you get far enough in a conversation. Free audits, consultations, or resources might be offered if they’re interested. Your best clients are those who are actively seeking your services rather than those who are forced to do so.
5. Make sure you have a business card with you
Traditional marketing isn’t to be underestimated. Local businesses often have a “mom and pop” feel to them. In contrast to faceless agencies, they prefer to work with real people. Keep your business card with you when you are out and about. You should pay attention to conversations in which business owners are seeking marketing solutions. At least they will be able to refer you to others even if they are not ready to work with you immediately. For example your law firm SEO company also receives a lot of leads from referrals. Having a friendly conversation with someone first will make them much more open to working with you. When you carry your business card, you’re always ready to offer your contact information and extend the conversation into a business transaction.
6. Engage marketing agencies in partnership
Getting more local SEO clients is possible through agency partnerships, which I’ve discussed some ways to reach directly with local business owners. Marketing agencies are plentiful in your area, and you may be able to find one that offers the services you need. However, it is essential to note that not all of them offer SEO services. Partnering with a company or white labeling your services could be an excellent way to gain referral business.
The process is as follows:
- Search for marketing agencies. Find marketing agencies like MetaSense Marketing in your area by searching Google. Check out the ones that do not appear to offer SEO services and make a list of them.
- Ensure that you have their contact information. Find the contact information for the agencies you listed. Rather than using a contact form, it is best to provide a phone number or email address.
- Feel free to contact them. Send the following message (or similar) over email or phone: “Hi [agency name], I am [your name], and I am an SEO practitioner in [city]. Because I see you also provide marketing services in [city], I am reaching out to you. If SEO isn’t your cup of tea, I wanted to know if we could form a partnership where I refer you [service you don’t offer] work, and you refer me local SEO work. Please let me know if you are interested in continuing this conversation. I can be reached at [phone number] or [email address].”
Others might see the value of a two-way partnership, but those who see this as a direct pitch might not contact you. By sending leads their way, you can get SEO clients from them. Your commissions can also be based on the amount of new business you receive. You can get new clients by doing this passively without actively marketing. As well as guest postings and networking opportunities, agency partners could have many other benefits.
Therefore, the best way to attract great clients is to build meaningful relationships, whether it’s through networking, speaking, forming partnerships, or offering free services. Do you want to work with more local SEO clients?
We at MetaSense Marketing are an SEO agency based in New Jersey/Philadelphia, which takes the time to understand your business and create a complete business plan to accomplish your objectives. By working in partnership, we can help you accelerate your online growth and increase your return on investment in digital marketing. We help businesses create their online marketing journeys and fulfill their needs and demands.
Please contact us to learn more about how you can enforce our site search best practices.
Designing, building and implementing Award-Winning Digital Marketing Strategies.
Contact me directly at 856 873 9950 x 130
Or via email at : Support@MetaSenseMarketing.com
Check out our website, get on our list, and learn more about Digital Marketing and how MetaSense Marketing can help.
For more information and to schedule an appointment, CLICK HERE.