If you missed Part 1 we shared that Facebook is by far the world’s largest social media platform with nearly 3 billion monthly active users and counting. We also shared that Facebook should be a key component of every businesses marketing strategy.
Also in Part 1, we demonstrated the first four common Facebook Marketing mistakes covering: Failing to Identify Your Target Audience, Pursuing an Over-aggressive Marketing Approach, Impersonal Facebook Postings and Ad Copy, and Getting Obsessed with Maximizing ‘Likes’.
Here are the next 3 common marketing mistakes that you should avoid in order to make the most of your Facebook Ad campaign and social marketing on this platform.
Mistake # 5: Ignoring the Facebook Promotion Feature
Although organic visibility is the ideal way to reach your target audience on Facebook, but businesses often have seasonal or time-bound sales goals, which cannot always be met through organic engagement. Facebook marketers should take advantage of the paid promotion feature the platform offers. This will help bring your message in front of your target audience faster when you want to boost sales, increase market share or penetrate into new market segments.
To make the most of Facebook’s promotion feature, your creative team should craft an eminently readable and appealing Facebook posting, preferably with an image or video, and a compelling headline. Once it is posted on the platform, you simply have to click the “Promote Post” button provided in the lower right corner. It will ask you to choose your budget, target audience, and Facebook ad duration. Once it’s set up, Facebook algorithm will promote your post to help you generate new leads, convert sales, and increase brand awareness.
Mistake # 6: Maintaining an Incomplete Business Profile
Your business Facebook page is a social presentation of your company’s image and brand profile. When you create a comprehensive and impactful profile for your business, it makes a favorable impression on potential customers, provides them interesting insights about your products and services, and encourages them to interact with your brand. Here are a few proven tips to bolster your Facebook business profile:
- Include an eye-catching and relevant cover image that tells your brand story most effectively.
- As far as possible, your page URL should match with your business name or brand.
- Make sure to select the most appropriate business category so that your profile shows in appropriate search results.
- Include concise and interesting information about your product features or brand in the “About” tab.
- Present customer testimonials, reviews, and ratings as part of the social proof of your brand’s influence.
- Create a direct call-to-action, such as “Subscribe,” “Sign up,” or “Click here” to prompt the reader to take desired action.
- Provide accurate contact information, enabling interested readers to reach out to you through multiple communication channels.
Mistake # 7: Maintaining an Incomplete Business Profile
No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to please all your customers and all Facebook users. Therefore, it’s OK to receive some negative comments, customer complaints, or poor reviews and ratings for your brand on Facebook. But the biggest mistake you can make is failing to respond to an unsatisfied user or ignoring their criticism.
Some social media marketers prefer to disable the review section on Facebook (you can do it from the Facebook Settings.) But it’s a double-edged sword because you will miss the opportunity to receive appreciation from customers. Here are two cardinal rules to follow when you are faced with a negative feedback from a customer on Facebook:
- Responsiveness: The longer a negative comment or review stays on Facebook without your response, the more the number of users who will see the one-sided poor assessment without knowing your side of the story as well as your commitment to customer care.
- Transparency: Customers are far smarter than what many social media marketing managers may imagine. If the business had made a mistake, it’s prudent to accept it upfront and redress it to the customer’s satisfaction. Readers will always appreciate your brand’s transparency above all else.
Put Your Business on Top with a Smart Facebook Marketing Strategy
Facebook marketing and advertising can be tricky, and it is not a panacea to overcome all your business challenges. But as long as you avoid the most common Facebook marketing mistakes, chances are that you will gain significantly more in terms of sales, market share, and brand reputation than what you might spend on paid ads and social engagement efforts. Continue optimizing your Facebook campaigns by learning from the past, and the desired results will begin to show in your sales revenues and brand performance.
A MetaSense Marketing expert will take the time to learn about your business, then develop a custom marketing strategy tailored to your goals and within your budget.
MetaSense Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency that takes pride in creating successful, comprehensive marketing strategies and is the only company in the world to offer the patented iMetaDex™ tool. We are an SEO agency based in New Jersey/Philadelphia, which takes the time to understand your business and create a complete business plan to accomplish your objectives. By working in partnership, we can help you accelerate your online growth and increase your return on investment in digital marketing. We help businesses create their online marketing journeys and fulfil their needs and demands.
Designing, building and implementing Award-Winning Digital Marketing Strategies.
Contact me directly at 856 873 9950 x 130
Or via email at : Support@MetaSenseMarketing.com
Check out our website, get on our list, and learn more about Digital Marketing and how MetaSense Marketing can help.
For more information and to schedule an appointment, CLICK HERE.