Once a upon a time, we actually would use social media for fun. I remember one of my former co-workers was reprimanded for being on Facebook during the work day and it was blocked from the computer. Now, we use it for work as well as news, marketing, social activism, event invitations, and of course,posting our cute kid pics.
Social media is no longer just for fun. It is business. I recently starting watching the new show, Help My Yelp, which teachesrestaurant owners howto increase their yelp star rating froma pitiful 2 star to an acceptable 3+ star rating. Why? Because the star rating matters to Yelpers when selecting where to dine that evening.
Social Media makes an impact on our buying choices and people are rating, reviewing and reading to make their choices. Here are a couple things to produce lasting impact on your social media presence. There are more but we will cover these 5 today.
- Rating – the star rating matters. Would you go to a 1 star restaurant and expect a fantastic meal? Or book an overnight stay at a hotel with 1 star rating for your special anniversary weekend? We are going to make choices upon what others have rated their experience.
- Reviewing – yes, some reviews cannot be trusted however, mostly are relevant and truthful. Do not pay people to write reviews. Talk to your customers, ask them how they liked their experience that day and then ask them to write a review. People like to be heard and not only with the bad stuff. Invite them to be a part of the conversation.
- Read – Potential customers are reading your reviews. We no longer need to know the person to get a recommendation or warning about a business. Read your reviews. Know what is out there about your business. It’s that simple.
- Respond – customer service @ it’s best. Respond to your reviews, good or bad, especially the bad ones or ones where they are expecting a response. Be authentic & address issues or praise. No auto repines allowed – and respond in a timely manner.
- Now, take a breath – Ask the tough questions . Do I need to change something? Am I providing the best possible service? Should I reward an employee for a good review? Dig deep. We don’t all get it right all of the time. There is always room for improvement.
Whether restaurant, hotel, retail shop, home remodeling companies, airlines or more, social media matters in business. Need Help with your Yelp? Read, review, respond and sometimes ask for help.
Companies, like MetaSense Marketing, are here for that very that very purpose and to make you successful. Feel free to connect and while you are at it, go ahead and give us rating here.
Look forward to connecting, Tina